Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week #59 - "Naked Mole Rat Like Reflexes"

HOLA! Como están?

Answers to questions:

1- Okay, there is an explanation to why I emailed you on Tuesday.  You see, for all of my mission, everyone that I meet is either going to BYU or SUU and EVERYONE has been telling me to switch over to one of those schools. BUT I have always been forgetting to tell you about it.  I feel like its a curse because I try so hard to remember the things I want to write but I always come up short and forget until after I have written my email to you guys!!  So Tuesday we were in a place of computers, because we had to send a couple of things to the office, and I remembered right then.  I thought about waiting until Monday but I knew I was going to forget so I just wrote that quick email so you guys would know and so I would not forget again!! Well, that is the truth to why I wrote on Tuesday!  Sorry if it scared you guys.

2- Can I ask you what your dreams were? Because I had a couple of dreams this week too.  Everything is good.  I am just trying my best to be the missionary I need to be!!

3- Our District Meetings were good this week.  My compañero is the District Leader so he asked me to give to some training--which I did.  It was awesome!!  Yes, there is a good chance that I will get another chance of being a DL but I have no idea if the Lord needs me to be a DL.

4- This week I was able to work normally with my toe.  I just had to wear a flip-flop about half of the week!!  It was kind of funny.

5- For my birthday my zone bought me a cake and we ate it as a zone--it was fun!

6- The highlight of the week was...I have no idea! This week was really good!! The whole week was a really good week with lots of highlights!!!

Now I will tell you about my week!!!

My week was pretty standard. We just worked and testified a lot!!

Tuesday we celebrated my birthday as a zone, which was really cool!!  The whole day felt really weird because I had to tell everyone that I have 20 years now!!!  Wow, that made me feel so old!!  Something funny that they do here in Ecuador is that when its your birthday they make you take a bite of the cake.  When you do, they smash your face in the cake!!  So, in the zone, when they smashed my face in the cake, this huge chunk came off and was on my chin and it almost fell off and landed back in the cake, but because of my naked mole rat like reflexes, I didn't let that happen!!! (What in the world are naked mole rat like reflexes?)

Wednesday was my actual birthday but it was just a normal day.  We just worked and taught a lot of people!  We have these investigators that are named Augustina and Andres.  They are both super cool.  They know what they are learning is true. They themselves went to church we didn't have to remind them!!! They are both super pilas (???strong, charged???)!!!

Thursday we went on splits, so I went to work with a guy in our ward and we went to visit this family.  She told me that she doesn't want to listen to our message anymore because she feels she is mocking the other church she attended.  I told her that this will be the best decision of her life!! I testified with all of my heart that she shouldn't turn back and that she should go forward!!  Then I gave her the scripture, 3 Nephi 11 to read!!  After this I felt really bad because I didn't want to loose her as an investigator!!!

Friday we visited her again and she said that she DOES want to continue with us!!! WOW!!!  I was so happy!  We visited her with the Relief Society president and we all testified that what she is doing is right and what she is doing will bring blessings and that through this gospel she can be sealed for time and all eternity with her husband who has passed away!! She is AWESOME!!!

Saturday was a normal day.  We just taught and walked around and we also met another family named Taranjo.  They are black.  We were just walking down a street and this man stopped us and he was a member and he told us that his friend (the Dad of the family Taranjo) needed to listen to the gospel!!  So we got their number and we set an appointment with them.  It was way cool.

On Sunday morning they called us and said that they wanted to go to church.  When we got there, they were waiting for us at the door!!!  WHAT?? How cool? So they attended church and they loved it!!!!  The rest of the day was normal, we just testified to everyone!!!

I didn't have a chance to study the signs of the times because frankly I don't have time to study about this topic!!!

Today we went to the ZOO so I will send some pictures of the ZOO.

ALSO THANK YOU ALL FOR WISHING ME A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Well now my questions:

1- Mom, what were your dreams?

2- Were Morgan and George there when G-ma and G-pa got home?

3- When does Michelle get her mission call?

4- The Sanuks that you sent are way too small, why? Is it for a reason or something? I can't really understand.

Well, this has been my week--just know that I love you all very much.

LOVE

Elder Farley







No comments:

Post a Comment