Monday, September 22, 2014

Week #60 - Are you a chicken or a pig?

HOLA Como están? 

WOW, this week has been really good for you guys!!! It sounds awesome!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVIS!!!! I have to tell you the truth...on the 20th of September I remembered that it was an important day.  I thought to my self, "I feel like today is really important" , but I couldn´t remember why.  I am so sorry DAVIS, but I still love you!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Now to answer your questions:

1- Yes I did receive your package and I loved it!!!!!  We don't have an oven but I have been eating the chocolate just by itself and its awesome!!!!!  Thank you so much!!!

2- Apply to BYU and SUU, Southern Utah University, and the reason why is because I want to see what happens if we apply there.  I want to play Rugby.  I have no idea why, but the other day I have felt this huge desire to play Rugby, so I thought that BYU and SUU would be good because they have Rugby teams. So lets just see what happens when I apply!!!!  But if its too hard to apply there you don't have too.

3- Well, I just spend my money on things like: food, transportation and the lights in our house and that's all i have to pay!!!

Now for my week:

But first with Senaka!! Even though it breaks my heart its alright.  That just means there is a girl out there who will love me even more!! Ha Ha Ha. ;-) No, but that is really cool that she is getting married.  I feel really old because a lot of people that I grew up with are married or are on their missions!! So the truth is that I feel really old!!! BTW, do you guys have any counsel about my future wife?

OK now my week:

Well, this week was super good.  We had Stake Conference and I heard some POWERFUL talks by my Mission President and the Temple President and from the Stake President!! 

On Tuesday we just worked like normal.  We talked with Augustina and with Andres and let me tell you, they know this stuff is true!  They basically taught us about the atonement.  They have been reading the Book of Mormon so much and I was amazed that she taught us the atonement!!  The only thing is that she feels scared to be baptized because she feels like it will be bad for the other church that she attended!! So, please pray for her. 

On Wednesday we went to every sector in our zone and we knocked on doors all day!!! It was fun but the truth is that my legs hurt afterwards.  I enjoyed a good day of knocking on doors though!!!

Thursday we worked just like normal but something sad happened.  While we were walking, this man who looks very sad and looks like he lives on the street was looking at us.  We walked past him and when we said "hello" he said to us "hello Elders."  Just to let you know, no one here says Elders so we stopped and talked to him and he said that he has been living on the streets since he was young and that he would rather die than live on the streets.  He said that often he has prayed to ask God to take him up to heaven!!  He also said that he is a member of the church but he was inactive!!! So I said to him, "The Lord loves you, he cares about you, he wants to help you.  I promise you, as a servant of the Lord, that if you return back to the church you will have food on the table, you will have clothes to wear, and shelter and you won't have to worry about living on the streets."  Then we set up an appointment to teach him and give him old clothes that we found in our house.  So the next day when we had scheduled the appointment, he didn't show up!! I was really sad!  But we did all we can to help him and if I see him again I will help even more than I could this time.

Friday we just worked like normal--it was a pretty average day!!

Saturday we had Stake Conference so we just stayed all day basically in the church for the priesthood session and the adult sessions!! They were awesome!!!

Sunday we did the same.  We went to Stake Conference!!!! I heard a story that I really liked and it goes as follows: One day a little chicken and a little pig got together and the chicken said to the pig, "Lets eat breakfast.  I will put in the eggs and you put in the bacon." They agreed and the pig followed through and was killed for breakfast and the chicken only gave some of her eggs.  Which one are we?  The chicken or the pig?  Do we do everything in our whole being to serve the Lord or do we only do a little, enough to say we did something? I want to be the pig!!

Well, this was my week.  It was a super good week.  I hope that you guys can feel my love and feel my testimony because I know that JESUS was literally that pig from the story.  He literally died for every single one of us!!  So now we must do our part !!  My worst fear for after the mission is that I come up short and that I will not be the man that God needs me to be!! That is my worst fear. 

LOVE 

Elder Farley 

BTW, the kid who is in that picture with me is Elder Merritt.

Garrett and Elder Merritt

I am a pig!  I will give it my ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment