Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Week 3 -- Mexico CCM

¡Hola!

I still don't know how to send emails to more than one person and I don't have everyone's emails.  But other than that I am doing amazing.  I love the CCM.  Today we went to the temple and it was super awesome. The Mexico City temple is amazing.  It was a little weird hearing it and doing it all in Spanish but I was able to understand and speak almost all of it.  If you guys have a chance you should look at pictures of the Mexico City temple.  We just got back from the temple and I forgot my camera other wise I would send you pics.  Next week I will send you a bunch of pictures of everything.

To answer your questions;  I am doing fantastic.  I love learning and I love teaching in Spanish.  I want to do it all the time.  I am healthy and I think I am loosing weight, but I just love everything about this place.  Elder Mecham is doing amazing.  I think he feels the same way I do about the CCM.  He and I are getting along really well.  He is my favorite compañero thus far.  Mí español es muy bueno, yo estoy enseñando mucho porque el señor es ayudando me enseñar español.  I am learning a lot.  I have a scripture journal and it is becoming full of the things I am learning.  All I really want to do is study the scriptures.  Some experiences I have had are hablando con el don del languas, y enseañando a mis compañeros y mi districto. I have been photographed by a photographer for the article sobre el CCM aquí en Mexico.  I don't know where it is though.  And yes I am very happy. I love the CCM and all it has to offer me.

I will look for the packages when I am in Ecuador.  I received the letter from Hayden and I wrote him back so it should be there anytime soon.  I also sent dad a letter.  Tell dad that I know he will do great in finding places for the firehouse stores.  He will be an awesome businessman. And yes mom I approve of the blanket it looks awesome.  Keep up the good work!  And I miss you and Chase the most out of everyone.  I can't wait to see more picture of him and you and the family.  In the next email I will tell you guys something I learned and I want Kendall and Cami to read it and to follow what I will say.  It might even be a good family night lesson but once you read it you can decide that for yourself.  ¡Tell Davis to continue to be a CHAMPION and tell Hayden to continue being AWESOME!  I miss you all and I cant wait each week when I can hear from you guys.

Now let me tell you some of the things that happened to me these last couple of weeks.  Sometimes we have grape juice for lunch and each time we do have grape juice (we call it "vino" Spanish for wine) we all have a drinking contest  to see who can drink the most. Elder Mecham has the record with 16 cups.  So yesterday Elder Jorgensen tried breaking the record and after 11 cups he threw up everywhere--it was awesome!!!! We were laughing sooo hard.  It was the funniest thing I have seen here.  After those 11 cups, he drank 6 more to beat the record.  We were outside and he had just drank his last one and he held the cup in the air, for drinking the most vino and the CCM president walks by and asks him "what are you doing?" he said "I just broke the vino record" and he was a little pale from throwing up, and President Pratt gave him a thumps up and walked away. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen here!!!!

I took the money out of my card just to buy some things at the tienda and I wanted some souvenir money for Mexico.  That is all I have for today.  Next week I will share with you some spiritual things and I want  everyone to hear it especially Kendall and Cami.  I love you all with all my heart and I can't wait to hear from you every week.  Btw, how is the missionary work coming?


LOVE- Elder Farley 


Dad-

WOW that does sound like a crazy day.  I hope you can do everything you can to help everyone.  I don't have a lot of computer time so I will keep it short.  A mission is hard but its hard in a way that is good but fulfilling at the same time.  I am giving all my time to the Lord and I am learning so much.  I can't wait till I can learn again.  I will always remember your example and strive to make my mission better than yours.  Sorry but I am going to! :-)  I love you.

Garrett 

No comments:

Post a Comment