Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Week #84 - I want to be truly converted!

HOLA!! Como estan? ;)

Well, as always I will start off by answering your questions-

1- Please email Elder Robinson and have him talk to his mom about you two guys rooming together.  Have her message me on Facebook.  Or give her my email address.

1- I will try to talk to him about that, but honestly I would like to see what happens when I get home.  I have a feeling that the Lord has a BIG blessing for me when I get home and if this feeling comes true then I will not be able to room with Elder Robinson.  But, I will talk to him and see what we can do. ;)

2- Tell me about a humbling experience you had this week.

2- Well, this week I studied Mosiah 2 in English.  WOW!  That is some powerful stuff.  King Benjamin is powerful and the words he said have touched my heart. I have been trying to change so I can live my life following what the Lord has giving us.  So, this week when I was studying that chapter I felt the spirit of repentance and I have been trying to change!!

3- What was the sweetest experience you had this week?

3- Well, I would say the sweetest experience this week happened on Saturday.  A sister in my district was going home that day, but before she did she had a baptism.  I had to go over there and give the kid an interview, so after the interview the sisters and almost all of the elders stayed there and were supporting the sisters at their baptism.  My compañero and I went to a member's house to prepare for a small gathering to celebrate this sister's mission.  We were preparing the BBQ and we ended up cooking the meat and we were actually very helpful this day.  The little party was really cool, so this was probably the sweetest experience that I had this week!!

Now I shall tell you guys about my week ;)

Tuesday we didn't have district meeting because the zone leaders went to Guayaquil for a zone conference.  So, while they were there we stayed at home and we worked like normal.  We went to Montalvo and we visited the familia Parra and we invited them again to get that paper they need so they can get married.  They said to us that this week they were going to take the paper out!! (but, they didn't) So, we realized that we are probably going to have to do something different to help them get the paper.  We also visited a family (I can't remember their last name, but the sisters name is Katherine), and while we visited them we inivted them to come to curch and they all said they were going to come!! (but, they didn't) So, we realized that we are probably going to have to do something different to help them better as well. I will have to talk to my compañero and I will see what he says!!

Wednesday we had district meeting, and the zone leaders explained everything that happened in the zone conference, and it was very cool!!  We talked alot about being converted and how presidente could care less about the numbers that we have to give, or about the things we have to do.  What he truly want is that WE as missionaies can become converted!  This is what I want too!  I want to become truly converted so I will do everything in my power to becme converted!! I hope the Lord has mercy on his servant and helps me in this process!!!

Thursday was actually a pretty normal day.  We didn't do anything too exciting.  We tried to go to Montalvo but we couldn't go for a reason that I can't remember. So, we just tried to visit as many people as we could.

Friday was a normal day as well.  In the night I invited my district to eat some food together and it was very cool!!!  I enjoyed this because I was able to help my district by getting them excited about missionary work.  It was fun!

Saturday we went to the baptismal interview and I interviewed a kid named Junior who has 14 years.  He doesn't want to get baptized yet so I was able to explain to him the importance of getting baptized and making good choices in this life.  I hope he could listen and get more prepared to live this life acording to God's will and not his will.  Then after that we went to the house of this member and we helped set up for the party and we helped cook the food!!  I LOVED it because we had BBQ and you guys know how much I love BBQ and you know that I love cooking BBQ.  So that was very fun.  We all said goodbye to the sister that went home.

Sunday was a very normal Sunday-- it was full of meetings!!

Well, this has been my week.  I hope that you guys could have felt my week and through my experiences you guys can know what it is like to be a missionary!! I love every single one of you.  You guys are my happiness!!

I LOVE all of you guys and always remeber that!!!!!

LOVE,

Elder Farley

Farewell B-BQ for a Sister Missionary in Garrett's district

B-BQ Master

E. Farley and E. Quiroca - Companions


He finally received his "Brave Like Hank" t-shirt.  It looks amazing!

Add caption



Beautiful Ecuador waterfall 

No comments:

Post a Comment