Sunday, March 29, 2015

Week #86 - Transferred to Duran

Hola, como estan!!!

Well, I will start off by answering your questions like usual-

1. What is your daily schedule?

1. 6:30 wake up and exercise
    7:00 get ready for the day and eat breakfast
    8:00 study personally
    9:00 study as compañeros
    10:00 study language
    11:00 if we have to visit people we go and visit them!!
    1:00 eat lunch (my favorite part. I love the food here ;)
    2:00 - 9:00 we visit all the people that we have to visit whether they be investigators, less actives, or members.
     9:00 plan the next day
     10:30 sleep

2. Are you taking lots of pictures of Ecuador.  You send a lot of selfies, so I want to make sure you are taking pictures of people, places, and moments.

2- Yes, I am.  I have a bunch.  I take equal amounts of pictures of me and of Ecuador.  Don't worry mom, I am doing it!!

3.  When are the next transfers?

3- Well, speaking of transfers---on Thursday I got changed.  I don't know why I got changed on a Thursday.  It must have been an emergency or something, but now I am in a place called Duran.  It's like right by Guayaquil and my new sector is called Ferrovario. Its a really cool place and its very likely that I will end my mission here in Duran.  But we shall see?

4.  Who else are you writing besides us?

4- You guys, Julie Hunsaker, Presidente Riggins, Austin and all my other friends.  Nobody else.

5.  How did your team work focus go this week?

5- Well, I hope it went good.  When I got changed they also released me from being District Leader so now I am just a normal missionary.  I think its good because I will have more time to focus on my investigators!!! It's the Lord's will, not mine!!

6.  What are your mission rules?

6- We have to talk to 10 people everyday and that now we can visit members as a home teacher.  I have my own compañero, who is a ward member.  I don't know what else?

Well, my week was very simple-

Tuesday we had District meeting and I taught again about team work.  I taught how we need to work as a team and how we should put our plans to work better as a District.  We were all agreed upon and we were going to have a family night with an investigator!!  After the meeting we went to work.  We went to Montalvo to visit the Parra family.  They still haven't got the paper they needed to get married, so we made plans so that a member would go with them and help them to get the paper.  So hopefully they can get the paper so that they can be baptized!!  This was the most exciting thing that happened this day.

Wednesday we also went to Montalvo because we felt like we should.  While we were there we visited some others families that we have found.  The family Viteri and the family Bustamonte.  They were all committed to come to church and do what they need to do, then in the night, right as we were going to bed the Zone Leaders called us and said that we had changes.  So, I got all my stuff ready and said goodbye to some people here.  I don't know why I got changed but I did!!! I just know that the Lord knows best!!

Saying good-bye to Elder Quiroga
Thursday we left to go to Guayaquil and they sent me to Duran in the sector Ferrovario.  My compañero is Elder Arroyo and he is from Argentina, Salta!!! So that is really cool!!! Then when I put all of my stuff away we started working and in our sector we have this huge hill.  It is like huge!!!  I can see all of Guayaquil from my sector and its awesome but it hurt my legs climbing it!! But I love it!!!

Duran is directly east of Guayaquil across the Rio Guayas River

Duran, Ecuador - Ferrovario sector

New companion--Elder Arroyo
Friday we visited more people.  I am really not sure who they are because I am new here but I loved talking to everyone!!  Today we ate lunch with a family and the husband is from China.  He came here to Ecuador for temporary work but ended up getting married and now is here for good!!  He is SOOO cool!  He has a Bible and a Book of Mormon in Chinese.  He is really cool--his name is Jing Mong Yen!!! It's cool!! ;)

Saturday we visited a lot more people and still I don't know alot of people but I am loving it!!!

Sunday we went to church and we had Ward Council and a bunch of other meetings.  It was a normal day!!

Monday (today) we went to an island called Santay and we borrowed bikes and we rode around this island.   Basically it is a swamp but it was cool.  I named the island, "CRABADILE ISLAND".  There were a lot of crabs and crocadiles!!!  It was awesome but now I am tired because it has been FOREVER since I have ridden a bike!!! I loved it!!!  Now I am writing you guys!!!

P-day island exploration--Santay Island.  aka - "Crabadile Island"
Well, this has been my week.  I hope you guys can feel what I am feeling here in the mission!!!

I have one question-

1- Do you know when I am coming home?

Well, I love all of you.  Keep doing what you are doing and remember that I love you guys!!! Ustedes son hijo de dios altisimo recueden eso!! (You are the son of the most high God, remember that!!)

LOVE,

Elder Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment