Saturday, September 14, 2013

Week 6 -- Elder Farley arrives in Ecuador

We finally received an email from the mission office telling us that Garrett arrived safely. Yeah!  We also received a letter from Garrett, a letter from his Mission President, President Amaya, and some great pictures. It seems as though his spirits are high and that he is very excited to finally be in Ecuador.  From now on we should hear from him on Monday's since that is his P-day.  Enjoy!

Farley Family,

                Receive a warm greeting from our part. It pleases us to inform you that Elder Farley has arrived to the mission field without any complications. We are very happy to receive him in the Ecuador Guayaquil North Mission. Attached you will find the following: One picture with President and the other missionaries from his group, one picture with his trainer, a letter written by your son, and a letter from President Amaya.

Thank you for the support that you give to Elder Farley.


Ecuador Guayaquil North Mission
THE CHURCH OF
JESUS CHRIST
OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS
04-228-4323 | 04-229-3859

Guayaquil, 14 September 2013 

Dear Farley Family,


After his experience in the MTC we had the wonderful opportunity to receive Elder Farley at the airport along with other missionaries in his group, we shared together a welcome lunch, and special moments starting his mission. He received instruction on the rules of the mission and the correct manner to work, he met his first companion, Elder Mercado from Colombia and was trained in the "Plan of First Twelve Weeks, "according to the direction we received from the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve. With great pleasure I am pleased to report that the development of the Plan of Twelve Weeks has been so far a great experience with excellent results.

Every Monday in his preparation day he has the opportunity to write to family, we hope you will encourage and support him. So you can contact him, his email is:

garrett.farley@myldsmail.net

Your son is doing very well, we care for him and he is progressing, he is an excellent missionary and has performed admirably, we express our gratitude for having prepared him to serve the Lord and supported him. For Sister Amaya and I it is a great privilege to have him in the mission and have the opportunity to help and guide him in this sacred process of developing his potential so he can serve the Lord the best he can. You have done very well, Congratulations. The Lord will strengthen him, help him and guide him through the Spirit, of whom Elder Farley will have to depend on as never before in his life.

Sincerely yours, and May the Lord bless you.



President and Sister Amaya


President Amaya and Elder Farley

Elder Farley and Elder Mercado

Ecuador, Guayaquil North Mission (or part of it) -- Garrett is in the middle behind President Amaya
Letter from Garrett to us...

Hello Family-

I am here in Ecuador!  Finally after 18 years of waiting I am finally in my mission field.  I flew out of Mexico to Bogota, Colombia and from there to Ecuador.  All of the Elders and Sisters that I have met are awesome. The Mission President is awesome!  He talks a million miles an hour and I can't really understand him, but esta bien.  I am so excited to begin my work.  It's going to be LEGEN -- wait for it....-- DARY. LEGENDARY!!  I am just super excited to be here in Ecuador.  There are a lot more native Spanish speakers than there are American's and it's kind of hard to understand them, but esta bien.  Todo es bueno!! The CCM was awesome!  I loved every second of it.  My companion was awesome!  My district was awesome!  I love my mission this far.  I can't wait until I get sent to an area and with a new companion and we begin the real work.  I just want to say that every one of you guys are a big inspiration to me.  You guys are the world to me!  I want to thank Dad for his example and his example of serving a mission.  It helped me a lot! Thank you all for supporting me.  You guys are awesome!  

So, that is about all that is new with me.  I am just here in Ecuador doing the Lord's work. Tell me about you guys.  How is the family--both immediate and extended?  How are my friends?  How is my pet lizard? Has the world broken out in war?  I want to know about life back home.  Well, I have got to go.  When you get this letter, I will be somewhere in Ecuador preaching the gospel in Spanish and I am going to love every second of it!

Love, Elder Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment