Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Week #63 - Deep Doctrine Study

HOOLLLOOOA!! Como están?

Well, I will start off by answering your questions!!

1- I thought that a movie producer and a movie director were the same thing.  But I could be wrong.  I am known to be wrong at times!!  Ha Ha! J/K!  What is the difference?  I need to know what the difference is so I can chose which one I want to become.

2- Things went good in my district this week.  I am worried about the sisters that are in my district because their sector is super hard so I am doing all I can to help them.

3- I still have no doubt in my mind that everything will be all right with Hayden.  We, as Latter-day Saints, are the chosen people of God.  We are literally his army.  If we show him our true desire to serve he will do what's best for us!! D&C 84: 88. 

4- The whole week was filled with small, seemingly insignificant things that have caused me to increase my faith.  Every day is a gift and we need to make the most of it or we will loose it.

5- Mom, I love you more than you could ever imagine.  Thank you so much for everything.

Well, now for my week:

Last Monday we went and played paintball.  That was fun but my toe hurt really bad afterward (BTW, I have another in-grown toe-nail) but it was still super fun. Elder Vance and Elder Sink have becomes such great friends here in this zone. They are great guys!  So we played paintball for a while with a lot of members of the wards.

Tuesday we had district meeting and I shared my training about GOD and who He is so we as a district can teach the people about God so they can know who is the TRUE GOD is! (John 17:3)  We talked about that for a while and that went really great and then the rest of the day was really good.  Nothing else really happened!!

Wednesday we found a new investigator.  Her name is Angelica.  We had some free time so we started contacting, going door to door.  Because I am a pretty funny guy, I stopped to make a joke with a dog. :-)  As I was talking to this dog, I looked into the house that was right next to us and I felt prompted to talk to the women who lived there.  This was Angelica and she is super cool.  We shared with her about the family proclamation and she has been reading which is really good!!  She couldn't attend church because she was busy on Sunday so hopefully she can this week.

Thursday was just a normal day and we really didn't do anything too special.

Before we went to lunch on Friday, me and my companion were talking to the Elders that live with us (Elder Merritt and Elder Robinson) and we were talking about deep doctrine stuff like space and time and how God travels and Kolob like stuff.  That was a crazy conversation, but it was cool.  So after that, I told myself that I would study Moses!! And that is what I did!  WOW that is some heavy stuff!

Saturday I studied Moses 1 verses 1-11.  Even though it was some short verses, I learned a lot about God!!  This week I also have studied a lot about the plan of salvation and I have learned some great and interesting things!!!  I will have to share them with you on a different occasion.

Sunday we went to church and everything was cool.  It was a normal day.  It was just fun going to church and talking to all of my friends that I have made here!!  I LOVE Ecuador so much!  It has forever become a part of my life!!!

Well, that is basically my week.  Sorry if my report is lame and sorry I can't send pictures this week.  I forgot my cord to send the pictures and this computer is old.  But whatevs? 

You guys are forever in my prayers! 

My questions:

1- What is the difference between a movie director and a movie producer?

2- Is there anything in particular that I should keep in mind this week?

3-Have you guys been working out because you look amazing?

4-Can you guys do me a favor?  Can you research about BYUI and see what they can offer for a movie producer or movie director education?


LOVE

Elder Farley

I found this picture on Facebook so I don't know what it is about.  I am just happy to see Garrett!


No comments:

Post a Comment