Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Week #65 - Wowing us with his Spanish

OH, Hey Family!!! Como estan? Ha ha...get ready with Google translate because I feel Spanish coming on...........

(I had to reword a few things so they made sense.  I did use Google translate and Cory the translator to help me.  So, some of it probably isn't translated word for word because we don't think he wrote it right.  We took the liberty of guessing at what he was trying to say. I hope we were close.)

Entonces voy a contestar tus preguntas primero (I am going to answer your questions first)

1- quiero ser los dos, un productor y director de películas yo puedo ser los dos cierto? (I want to be both a producer and director of movies.  Is it true that I can be both?)

2- si tengo otro uñero pero fui a los doctores y lo quitaron entonces ahora no tengo pero tal vez en el futuro (Yes, I had another in-grown toenail, but I went to the doctor and he removed it.  I don't have one now but maybe I will in the future.)

3- no pude no se si hay aquí en Ecuador (No, I haven't bought Epsom Salt yet, I don't know if they have it in Ecuador.)

4- pues esta semana encontramos una familia para enseñar y son excelente, ellos son pilas y quieren escuchar a nosotros, pero no están casados, entonces el milagro seria que asistieron y les encantaron la iglesia, entonces eso seria el milage (This week we found a family to teach and they are excellent.  They are charged and want to listen to us, but they are not married.  The miracle would be that they attended and loved the church.  That would be the miracle.)

5- si esa semana hicimos servicio, hubo esta caja de cemento y un hermano de le iglesia necesitaba destruir la caja entonces fue muy difícil pero la destruimos y le ayudamos con ese proyecto, y solamente hoy día siento bien porque seo fue tan difícil dolió mucho (This week the service we did was there was this box made of cement and a brother of the church needed to destroy the box.  It was very difficult to destroy the box and to help him with this project. Only today am I starting to feel better because I got sore from this very hard job.)

OK NOW you guys can turn off your google translate jajajaj (Ha, ha, ha) Did you guys like that?

Now for my questions

1- Can you guys send me P90-X?  The reason is that I want to be buff. Jajaj!

2- (This is just a heads up) For Christmas can you guys send me ties?  I would like ties from the missionary store and I would like CTR ties and CHRISTMAS TIES!! That would be awesome!!!

3- How are my friends, that are in their missions, doing?

4- What other schools have really good film programs?

5- What do you guys think about my career choice?

6- You guys are cool!!!

Ok, now for my week-

Well this week was good.

Monday we helped this brother in the ward break this huge cement box and boy that was hard!! Finally today I am not feeling sore!! But I felt good helping him break up the box!!

Tuesday we had District meeting and I helped my district understand the importance of finding new people to teach.  I also gave them a challenge to find 7 new investigadors this week.  I think that they didn't complete this challenge but we got close because we found 5 new people this week!!  I really wanted to find 7 people but we came as close as we could. Tuesday was cool.  We also helped a brother in the ward move two huge refrigerators down some stairs.  These stairs were so narrow and I was so scared to bring them down!!  I was scared because I was the one carrying them down the stairs!!  That scared me because there were no rails to hold on to so I could have fallen off at anytime.  But I didn't so that was good!!

Wednesday is the day where we worked to find 5 new people to teach.  We worked really hard this day and it was fun.  The two families that we found are called the family Agiurre Ortiz and the family Alvarracin. I hope they can progress really good.

For some reason on Thursday, nobody was home so unfortunately we didn't have much success.  But we were able to make pizza with a family who are less active and we really enjoyed that.  It was fun and the pizza was good.

Friday we worked hard trying to find more people to teach and that was what we did all day.

Saturday we couldn't do much because we had a Stake meeting that we had to attend and it was about Emergency Preparedness.   We were there but we as missionaries didn't do much, so I wasn't too focused on it! Jajajaja.

Sunday we went to church and thankfully the family Aguirre Ortiz attended church with us.  That was really cool because it was the Primary Program and that was cool for them to see!!

Well that was basically my week.  I had fun. 

Well, keep safe and always remember who you are and remember that I love you.

LOVE

Elder Farley

Garrett's well marked scriptures

These stairs are treacherous--Yikes! Scary!

Personal scripture study time

I love Garrett!

Garrett and Elder Zelayaran making pizza with a less active family

No comments:

Post a Comment