Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Week #97 - Baque Family Baptism

HOLA!!! Como estan?

I will answer your questions-

1- How did the Baque family baptism go?  Did they get baptized?

1- Yes they did get baptized!!  Their names are Francisco, Angie, and Thaila Baque and all three of them were baptized. Francisco asked that I baptize him, Angie wanted my compañero to baptize her and Thaila wanted the Bishop to baptize her!!!  It was all very good and it was very sweet to see a family get baptized and make sacred convenants with the Lord!!!  I felt the spirit and I knew then, without a doubt, that the Lord knows best and that he is our father who gave us rules and covenants so that we can return to live with Him!!!  It was a marvelous experience and one that I will probably not soon forget!!! I will send pictures of the baptism next week because this internet place we are at is really ghetto and I can't send pictures. Oh well, next week!!!

2- Did you receive our package yet?

2- No not yet.  I am still waiting for it.  I keep on bugging my Zone Leaders, in a nice way, for my package. :-) I am excited to share it with my compañeros!!!

3- Have you received your travel itinerary yet?  We haven't received it yet and I am getting anxious to get it.

3- I did call the mission office this week to ask when you guys are going to get the travel itinerary papers and they said that they usually send it to you guys like a month before I go home.  So, in the next week you guys should be recieving the travel itinerary thing!!

4- I can register you for your BYU Idaho classes in about a week or so.  Do you care what classes I sign you up for?  I was thinking about Book of Mormon, history, art, math, and science.  Is that okay?

4- Yes you can!!  I would appreciate it alot!!!  The only classes that I am really looking forward too are the Book of Mormon, art, and history.  The rest I don't really care about.  In fact, I am sure I can change the classes if I really wanted too anyways!!! So go ahead.  Also could you try and get a scholarship for art for me? I would imagine if you guys send in my pieces of art to the university I could probably get a scholorship in art!!! Could you guys try that?

So, now I will tell you guys about my week-

Tuesday we had our district meetings and in my district we talked a lot about contacting the people and just talking to everyone that we can!!  It was very edifying and we were able to set goals for ourselves so that we can be better in that aspect!!!  It was very cool!!  The rest of the week we just had normal days in which we visit all the people we are teaching and we tried to contact more people and get everything good so that we can have a better month!! We did ok!!

Wednesday was a normal day we went out to visit people and we taught them all about the gospel and we tried to help them understand about the atonment of Jesus Cristo.

Thursday we planned what it is that we are going to do for the week!!!  We were actually able to plan a lot of things that we need to do in order to help a bunch of people.  The rest of the day we spent trying to fulfill our goals that we set!!!

Friday was also a normal day where we walked, talked and testified!!  We were able to get coordinated to plan the baptism and get everything ready!!! Oh we also had an exchange and I was with Elder Franco--he is from Bolivia!!!  It was cool!!

Saturday we had a service project in the morning.  We were going to re-build a house for a lady in our ward but nobody came to help so we postponed it until the other week.  So we just went to a primary actividad and helped out.  It was fun!  We laughed a lot because the little primary kids are funny.  Then in the night we had the Baque family baptism.  It was very sweet too see a lot of members of the ward come and support this family!!!

Sunday was a normal day full of meetings and cool stuff like that!!!  The Baque family did get confirmed with the Holy Ghost this day!!

This has been my week.  I am sorry if it a little lame and I am sorry there are no pictures.  The place I am in has a very limited access to the internet, or in street terms, the computers are very old and I don't think I can send pictures.  But next week I will send you guys some!!!

I LOVE you all with all of my heart--and I do mean with all of my heart!!!

Elder Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment