Monday, August 4, 2014

Week #53 - 7 Baptisms in July

Hola mi querida family!!  Como están? (Hello, my dear family!!  How are you?)

Bueno (Okay) I will start by answering your questions like always:

1- The family in the picture last week is the familia Diaz.  They are the family that we baptized in the month of July and they are all super awesome!! I love them all.

2- Well the truth is that Victor didn't get baptized last week but he has plans for baptism this week.  He will be a little harder to baptize because he drinks and smokes and he has an earring which means he sleeps around but he is progressing and he is planning to be baptized this week so please pray for him!!

3- The Congel family are never home or they are always busy so the truth is that we are not working with them anymore. They just don't want to progress so we will work on them later when they are ready.

4- In the whole month of July we had 7 baptisms.  That is a really good number--like one of the best for the mission!! if I am not wrong then I think we had the best month for baptisms.  What I mean is that me and my compañero baptized the most in July.

5- I do not know him but if I meet him I will tell him.

6- In the mission they have this tradition to burn a shirt on your hump day, so that is what I did.  It was fun!

I wanted to remind you about a comment I made in a previous email. The comment is: Can you tell Senaka to wait for me!! J/K  ha ha ha!

Now my questions:

1- Wow this week has been crazy.  I feel like I have missed so much.  But I have to baptize people here in Ecuador so I can't worry about what I miss at home.

2- Dad what was the craziest thing that happened while you were on your mission?

3- Mom why didn't you serve a mission?

4. Where do the boys want to serve their missions?

5- What else is going on in the family?

Well now I will tell you about my week:

Basically this week all we did was find FULL people to teach.  We looked everywhere and we talked to everyone.  It was awesome!  I love teaching the gospel.  This week we found 4 people that can really progress in the gospel.  It was awesome!   Of these 4 people that we found, 5 people attended church which is really good!!  So hopefully we can have more baptisms this month again.  So please pray for all of them? They are:

Erika and her grandparents
Another Erika and her brother Omar
Carlos and his family
Martha and he daughters Jaimlex
Victor
Isabel

They can all progress but we need your help with your prayers.  That would be amazing if you could pray for them!! OH also this week on Thursday we had a service project. We went to a park and we cleaned the park.  Guess who was there? The other Sister missionary that was there at the Ecuador consulate office when we got our Visas.  I got to talk to her for a bit and that was cool!! This week was really cool.  I loved this week.

Well, something that I learned in my study this week is that if we obey the Lord's commandments He will give us the fullness of the gospel!!  But if we don't obey, then He will take the gospel away from us!!  In 3 Nephi 16:10 it says that if we obey we will have the fullness of the gospel and in Mormon 1:2 it gives us an example of this gospel truth!!

So we have to obey or he will take the truth away from us!!

Just to let you know--TODAY I sent a package to you guys.  The post office said that it should arrive in 2 weeks.  In the book that I sent there is a letter and you need to read it!!

Well this has been my week--sorry if it's lame.

LOVE 


Elder Farley






No comments:

Post a Comment